Any process of selling involves:
- Contacting potential customers.
- Identifying their needs.
- Persuading them that your products can best satisfy those needs.
- Closing the sale by taking a commitment.
- Then providing an after-sales service.
MSR typical work activities include:
- Visit doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
- Arrange appointments with those who may give a conditions include pre-arranged
appointments or regular 'cold' calling.
- Making presentations to doctors, GP , hospital doctors, and pharmacists.
- Organizing conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
- Building good work relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff e.g.
receptionists & nurses.
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with
the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager. Although, MSR
have their own regional area of responsibility and plan how and when to target health
- Regularly attending company meetings.
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting
and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations.
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products.- Staying informed about the
activities of health services in a particular area.
& More ...